The time the teams across Colorado have eagerly awaited is finally here. It’s playoff time in Class 4A.
From the St. Vrain School District, the Longmont Trojans (7-3) will enter the state tournament as the seventh overall seed.
Led by senior quarterback Clint Sigg (1118 yards), the Trojans won their final six games of the season after starting 1-3 to win the 4A Longs Peak League championship. They will host the 10th-seeded Pueblo Centennial Bulldogs (7-3) from the 4A Southern League.
The Trojans have scored 30 or more points in four of their last six games while the Bulldogs have eclipsed the 30-point mark four times this season. The Bulldogs feature a two-headed rushing attack that includes 1,000-yard rushers Quincy Kindred (1,597 yards) and Caleb Miranda (1,414).
As the 11th seed, the Broomfield Eagles (7-3) enter the postseason riding high after a 31-24 win over Silver Creek. The Eagles will hit the road to play sixth-seeded Dakota Ridge (8-2) in the first round.
First round (Dates and times TBD unless noted)
(16) Ponderosa (5-5) at (1) Pine Creek (10-0), Saturday, 1 p.m., District 20 Stadium
(9) Vista Ridge (7-3) at (8) Windsor (7-3), Saturday, 1 p.m.
(13) Falcon (6-4) at (4) Denver South (8-2), Friday, 7 p.m., All-City Stadium
(12) Greeley West (8-2) at (5) Pueblo South (9-1), Friday, 7 p.m., Dutch Clark Stadium
(14) Coronado (7-3) at (3) Montrose (9-1), Saturday, 1 p.m., Montrose High School
(11) Broomfield (7-3) at (6) Dakota Rige (8-2), Friday, 7:30 p.m., Jeffco Stadium
(10) Pueblo Centennial (7-3) at (7) Longmont (7-3), Friday, 7 p.m., Everly-Montgomery Field
(15) Rampart (7-3) at (2) Fort Collins (10-0), Friday, 7 p.m., French Field
Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/BoCoPreps