• April 12th marked the final official signing day for the 2016-17 school year, and several local athletes made their college choices official. Local signings reported to BoCoPreps.com include:
Frederick: Francie Shaffer, volleyball, Plymouth State University; Kyle Lahr, basketball, Wartburg College; Anjelee Huerta, softball, Lamar Community College.
Fairview: Sarah King, cross country and track and field, Santa Clara University; Katia Beggan, cross country and track and field, Seattle Pacific University; Annalise Arant, track, Middlebury College; David McWilliams, football, Bucknell University; Jake Willemsen, football, Occidental College; Devin Harper, tennis, University of Illinois, Springfield; Duncan Heath, wrestling, Milwaukee School of Engineering; Liam Murray, baseball, Trinity International University.
• The Boulder High boys basketball program will host a summer skills camp from June 5-8. The camp is open to students entering grades 2-8 and will take place at Boulder High School from 8-11 am. All registration will take place through the Boulder High School website http://bit.ly/2o7jcwC and then by clicking on the Boys Basketball link. Info: Jack Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Registration is now open for the 2017 Fairview Knights Fundamentals basketball camp for boys and girls fourth grade and up June 5-8 at FHS. The camp will feature two different sessions per day, one for 4th-8th graders and another for 9th-12th graders. Registration prior to May 13 is $60 and will jump to $75 after May 13. Contact Rod Beauchamp for more information at email@example.com.
• Peak to Peak High School is searching for an assistant cross country coach for the fall. Interested persons should submit an application through the Peak to Peak website at peaktopeak.org. Info: Peter Chandler, AD at 303-453-4794.
• Silver Creek is seeking a head coach for the varsity girls basketball program. Interested parties can contact athletic director Marty Tonjes at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 720-494-3722.
• The Boulder Collegians baseball club are looking for host families for the upcoming 2017 season. Collegian Players will need housing from Memorial Day through July 17th. Interested parties should contact GM Matthew Jensen at 303-819-6494 or email at email@example.com.
Submit items to be included in the message board at firstname.lastname@example.org. The message board runs news on anything high school sports related, including coaching vacancies, sports camps, fundraisers, alumni updates, etc.