• Wednesday marked the final official signing day for the 2016-17 school year, and several local athletes made their college choices official. Local signings reported to BoCoPreps.com include:
Broomfield -- Sam Foster, basketball, Illinois Institute of Technology; Collin Knaley, football, Thomas More College; Daulton Logan, soccer, Buena Vista University; Luke Oberto, soccer, Ohio Northern University; Robert Penrose, volleyball, Lincoln Memorial University; Riley Shea, soccer, Johnson and Wales University; Shane Tilger, golf, Hastings College.
Longmont Christian -- Abbey Moore Kneipp, rowing, University of Wisconsin; Clayton Eldred, baseball, York College.
Dawson School -- Hannah Isenhart, soccer, Tufts; Kyle Sudol, lacrosse, Rollins (Fla.); Isha Banerjee, tennis, Colby College.
Silver Creek -- Sam Schlegel, basketball, Simpson College; Kelsey Adams, volleyball, Shorter University; Tanner Olinger, baseball, Northeastern Junior College.
• The Boulder Valley School District announced the hiring of two high school athletic directors for the 2017-18 school year on Wednesday. According to district AD Michelle DeBerry, current Nederland athletic director Emerald Murphy will be taking the same position at Centaurus High, and current Horizon AD Eric Gustafson will take over at Monarch High.
• The Boulder High boys basketball program will host a summer skills camp from June 5-8. The camp is open to students entering grades 2-8 and will take place at Boulder High School from 8-11 am. All registration will take place through the Boulder High School website http://bit.ly/2o7jcwC and then by clicking on the Boys Basketball link. Info: Jack Clarke at email@example.com
• Registration is now open for the 2017 Fairview Knights Fundamentals basketball camp for boys and girls fourth grade and up June 5-8 at FHS. The camp will feature two different sessions per day, one for 4th-8th graders and another for 9th-12th graders. Registration prior to May 13 is $60 and will jump to $75 after May 13. Contact Rod Beauchamp for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Jefferson Academy's boys basketball coach Mark Sharpley will be inducted into the Metropolitan League Hall of Fame as part of the 2017 class at the banquet on June 1. Jefferson Academy boys soccer coach Matt Cassell will also be honored at the banquet as the 2017 male sports coach of the year.
• Lauren Jortberg, a 2015 graduate of Boulder High, recently earned All-American honors at the NCAA Cross-Country Skiing Championships. Jortberg, who skies for Dartmouth College, also qualified for the World Junior Nordic Skiing Championships that took place earlier in the year.
• Boulder area softball coach Pete Sprenkle was recently honored with the presentation of a Lifetime Achievement Award from USA Softball of Colorado. While presenting the award, USA Softball Commissioner for Colorado Nik Mead said, "Softball in Colorado has grown tremendously the past 20 or 30 years and Pete Sprenkle has been right in the middle of many of the activities that spurred that growth. This award is to recognize the many contributions he has made to softball in Colorado."
• Peak to Peak High School is searching for an assistant cross country coach for the fall. Interested persons should submit an application through the Peak to Peak website at peaktopeak.org. Info: Peter Chandler, AD at 303-453-4794.
• Silver Creek is seeking a head coach for the varsity girls basketball program. Interested parties can contact athletic director Marty Tonjes at email@example.com or call 720-494-3722.
• The Boulder Collegians baseball club are looking for host families for the upcoming 2017 season. Collegian Players will need housing from Memorial Day through July 17th. Interested parties should contact GM Matthew Jensen at 303-819-6494 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit items to be included in the message board at email@example.com. The message board runs news on anything high school sports related, including coaching vacancies, sports camps, fundraisers, alumni updates, etc.