It's Week 5 and time for another look at the top prep football teams in the area.
Invented just last week, here is the premise: http://www.bocopreps.com/columnist/josh-lindenstein/ci_18937868
It's going to take some doing to move Longmont and Monarch off the top of the heap.
1. LONGMONT (5-0, 4A): Around the state, most people are ready to hand Valor Christian the 4A state title right now. Can the Trojans -- or No. 2 on this list -- challenge?
2. MONARCH (4-0, 4A): It's looking like a 10-0 regular season and a 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs for the Coyotes.
3. FAIRVIEW (2-2, 5A): This week's game against Legacy could be the turning point of the season for FHS.
4. BROOMFIELD (3-1, 4A): If the Eagles get Ryan McCulley back from injury this week, they'll have as good of a 1-2 running back combo of any team around along with Jose Fraire.
5. LEGACY (2-2, 5A): Quarterback Patrick Medina, Phydell Paris at running back and Cameron McWee at receiver are giving the Lightning nice balance right now.
6. BOULDER (3-1, 5A): Last week's loss to Mountain Range was tough, but the two toughest games on the Panthers' schedule are next at Ralston Valley and Pomona.
7. SILVER CREEK (3-1, 3A): We'll get a good gauge this week of how serious the fifth-ranked Raptors' state title prospects are when they face No. 4 Windsor.
8. NIWOT (1-3, 4A): It says here the Cougars' playmakers on offense still make this a dangerous team each week.
SMALL-SCHOOL PROPS -- FREDERICK (3-1, 3A): Forget this week's small-school shout out. The Warriors are knocking on the door of these rankings for real with a win over 4A Prairie View, a shutout at Berthoud and a trampling of rival Erie.