Each week, the BoCoPreps.com staff will highlight a handful of active local athletes from a variety of NCAA sports, catching up on where they are in their respective collegiate careers and any recent accomplishments they may have had.
• Erin McLaughlin, Boulder Class of 2014: McLaughlin is a captain for Cornell's women's cross country team, and the senior is just getting going in 2017 after earning all-region honors for placing 23rd at last year's NCAA Northeast Regional race. Her accomplishments in indoor/outdoor track last year included nine top 10 finishes in distance races ranging from 3,000 to 10,000 meters.
• Billy Hoffman, Niwot Class of 2015: Hoffman spent his first two seasons of collegiate soccer at Western Nebraska CC and has since made his way onto a very formidable team at Div. I Nebraska-Omaha where he plays defender. He is currently waiting to get back on the field after having not played in a game since Aug. 27 against Virginia Tech.
• Hailey Nichols, Fairview Class of 2015: A junior at MIT, Nichols has started all nine games for the Div. III Engineers this season as a defender. She has shown a knack for scoring goals at key times, as all three of her goals this year have been game-winning goals. She also has two assists.
• Todd Millard, Silver Creek class of 2014: The Air Force cadet is now a senior and one of the more experienced members of the golf team as the season just gets underway. Millard didn't get to play much as a sophomore but averaged a 76.4 with a low round of 70 as a junior. So far in six total rounds this season, he has averaged 74.5 with a low round of 71.
• Kailey Klibbe, Mead Class of 2015: Klibbe has excelled as a student at Fort Hays State all while playing an instrumental role as a libero/defensive specialist for the Div. II Tigers. The past two seasons have seen Klibbe average 3.4 digs per set and she's one of a handful of FHSU women that have played all 62 sets this season.