Each week, the BoCoPreps.com staff will highlight a handful of active local athletes from a variety of NCAA sports, catching up on where they are in their respective collegiate careers and any recent accomplishments they may have had.
• Zach Swenson, Fairview Class of 2014: An exceptional student at Villanova, Swenson is just about to get the cross country season underway this week after setting a number of personal bests last season. He eclipsed PR's in 4-mile, 8,000-meter and 5.2-mile distances and made huge strides in track this past spring including making finals at the Big East Championships in the indoor and outdoor seasons.
• Ally Thimsen, Jefferson Academy Class of 2014: Thimsen led Southern Utah in points last year (scoring seven goals) and has started every game so far in 2017, her senior campaign. She is a three-time Big Sky all-academic team player and has also earned conference playing honors each of the past two years.
• Chantal DeRoos, Boulder Class of 2014: Northern Arizona is 5-2 to start the year and DeRoos has become a dependable midfielder in her junior season. She has two starts and over 300 minutes on the field overall, helping the Lumberjacks to a 1.00 goals-against average so far on the season.
• Maria Fayeulle, Niwot Class of 2014: Fayeulle is wrapping up her fourth and final year at Northwestern, and she's on pace to start the most games of a season in her career as she has three starts in six contests. Her career includes two goals and three assists but is still looking for her first point this year as Big 10 play begins.
• Michael Wristen, Broomfield Class of 2014: A multi-purpose tight end for the CSU-Pueblo Thunderwolves the past two years, Wristen has transformed into a defensive lineman this year and has started both games this season. He has recorded six total tackles.